Name: Kasey Skala
Bio: Born and raised in Minnesota, Kasey ventured down south to Iowa for college. He graduated from Drake University with a degree in public relations and marketing and his PR background spans from non-profit, finance, promotions and internal communication. He also spent two years as a journalist for a daily news publication. Additionally, he’s helped integrate new media strategy for clients in non-profit, education advocacy, beauty/health and the food and entertainment sectors.
Why should you hire Kasey: (From Arik Hanson) Personally, I think any agency in town would be wise to hire Kasey. Fast. OK, so he’s not the traditional agency candidate. But you know what? Given the current climate and the evolving skills of today’s PR pro, I’m not sure that matters any more (I’m sure some will disagree). Kasey’s skills would play beautifully in an agency setting. He’s a creative problem-solver (check out the idea he executed last year attempting to gain the attention of one local employer), shows initiative (he consults on the side) and is a great community builder online. Definitely the kind of guy I’d want on my team if I were an agency leader.
Want to get in touch with Kasey? Try him at @kmskala or email@example.com.
Good Things Come in Small Packages
Hello! DeAnn Baxter, APR, here, seeking help through HAPPO. Why should you hire me? Maybe you’ll appreciate my ability to remain flexible and adapt to new situations. Perhaps my proactive and focused approach to my work will interest you. I have a deeply ingrained sense of responsibility and a tremendous work ethic. I am an achiever, capable of seeing the big picture and am a consistent performer who works well with colleagues at all levels. Read on and see for yourself how I can add value to your organization:
Who is DeAnn Baxter, APR?
- Highly motivated, results-oriented professional with passion for public relations
- Six years of experience in corporate and non-profit PR
- Areas of expertise include public, media, and community relations, social media, and event planning
- Public relations and speech communications BA degrees from Penn State University; Master’s degree in public and media relations from Johns Hopkins University
- Accredited in Public Relations (APR) (LINK: http://www.praccreditation.org)
- Active Public Relations Society of America member
What kind of position am I seeking?
- Required: Dynamic organization that supports development and provides opportunities for mentorship and advancement
- Desired: Company within consumer packaged goods (CPG)/retail industry or consumer PR firm
Where am I willing to work?
- Ready and able to move anywhere in the United States for the right opportunity with or without relocation expenses
When am I available?
- Immediately, if not sooner
Why should you hire me?
- Dedicated, driven, and passionate about the field and future of public relations
- Open and eager to learning everything I can about the PR field and the technology/tools that make our jobs easier
- Creative, effective, and efficient as both a leader and a team member
- Energy and enthusiasm that won’t quit, even early in the morning and without caffeine
- Observational Seinfeld-esque sense of humor that you don’t want to miss
How can you contact me?
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deannbaxter
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/DeAnnBaxter
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/DeAnnLBaxter
- E-mail: dlbaxter2003 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Thank you for your time and consideration! I look forward to hearing from you, working with you, and making a difference.